Saturday, March 10, 2012

Top Spring Break Destinations

What is spring break to the average American college student? Is it a nice-relaxing vacation to a warmer environment or an opportunity to indulge in excessive consumption of alcohol and partying? The answer is it depends on who you ask but the one constant variable is the most popular destinations from year-to-year. The list of potential destinations for students across the country is generally short and this year I will be attending the 5th most popular destination, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Without further adieu here is the top ten spring break destinations for collegiate students:
  1. Cancun, Mexico
  2. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  3. Miami, Florida
  4. Panama City Beach, Florida
  5. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
  6. Acapulco, Mexico
  7. Montego Bay and Negril, Jamaica
  8. Nassau, Bahamas
  9. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  10. Las Vegas, Nevada
I am not sure about all of you out there but this list doesn't exactly shock me. When the discussion for potential destination comes up it is always the same conversation. Which city in Florida or Mexico do we want to go to? However, the biggest surprise to me was the inclusion of Las Vegas to this list. Now I know that it is a popular vacation destination but it is generally looked at as a premium priced excursion for collegiate students. The city of Las Vegas has countered this perception by offering unbelievable hotel deals to help cut costs and I wouldn't be surprised to see Las Vegas rise in the future, it is truly one of a kind.

I have been excited about my impending trip to Puerto Vallarta and I will be joined by students from at least five other universities across the country. This week is a time to put learning on the back burner and allow students, like myself, time to blow off steam to get ready for the final push. I'll see you guys in a week! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment